Dr. Godwin Samraj D.P completed his graduation and post-graduation from Nesomany Memorial Christian College, Marthandam in 1989 and in 1991 affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University. He completed his BEd in 1992 from Kerala University and MPhil in 1993 from Manonmanium Sundaranar University Tirunelveli. He obtained PhD from Kannur University in 2012 in the topic “Socio-Economic Reconstruction of Kerala under the First Communist Government” under the guidance of Dr. KKN Kurup, former Vice-Chancellor of Calicut University. He started his career as Lecturer of History in Malabar Christian College from 4th November 1996. Some of the contributions are mentioned below.
Principal Malabar Christian College: Since 19.9.2016
Coordinator IQAC : 2012- 2016
Secretary Co-operative Credit Society: 2001-2004
Programme Officer NSS : 1998-2001
Member, Calicut University Syndicate: 2017- 2019
Member, Calicut University Senate: 2012-2017
Member, Calicut University Academic Council: From 2019
Member, Calicut University Faculty of Humanities: 2012-2016
Member, Calicut University History PG Board Studies: 2010-2013
- Tribal Issues, Colonial interventions an changes: A Critical study p.658-664, JETIR December 2018, Volume 5, Issue 12, ISSN-249-5162, Online Journal jetir.org. Second author.
- Ideology, Conflicts and Crisis; The 1950’s in Kerala History p.17-22, 37th Annual Session Proceedings, South Indian History Congress, March 2017, ISSN 2229-3671, Single author.
- Education and Social Change in Malabar, p.217-221, 35th Annual proceedings, South Indian History Congress, March 2016. ISSN 2229-3671, Single author.
- Socio-Religious Transformation of Travancore- Role of Vaikunda Swamikal. P.46-49, Central India Journal of Historical and Archaeological Research, June 2015, ISSN 2277-4157, A Peer-Reviewed Journal & An International Journal, Single author.
- Student Agitations in Travancore 1921, p.507-510, Annual proceedings, Second Kerala History Conference, November 2015, ISBN:978-93-85725-630, Single Author.
- Christian Missionaries and Social Change in Malabar, p.356-359, 34th Annual proceedings, South Indian History Congress, February 2015. ISSN 2229-3671, Single author.
- Agrarian Issues, Communal Interventions & land reform legislations in Kerala p. 171-184, Journal of the Institute for Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, December 2013, ISSN 0973-3353, Peer-reviewed, Single author.
- A Case Study of Land Transformation System in Malabar during 18th and 19th279-283, Nationalism, Peasantry and Social Change in India (edited) Vol.II 2018, ISBN 9789387587397 .
- Pazhassiyude Padayottam p.183-187, Malabar: Paithrukavum Prathapavum (edited) 2011, ISBN:976-81-8265-204-0ME-I .
Completed Minor Research Project funded by the UGC XIth plan entitled Vaikunda Swamigal and the Social Reform Movements in Travancore sponsored by UGC MRP(H) -339/12-13/KLCA043/UGC-SWRO dated 29th March 2013.